Homeschooling has been a trip! I am so fortunate to have a husband that has a passion and direction for our children's education! He is so involved. The kids are going to have great memories. The boys and Daddy have been reading about Egypt and the idea of rafts. So, they created one to see if it would work. It was a great lesson!I get asked a lot about "socialization" of the

kids when I talk about homeschooling,
not about their education. It makes me sad.
That seems to be the major focus in people's
minds, not the time with family, all the
books we get to read, the time to enjoy God's
creation, being able to run the household as a
family, work on conflict and communication
skills, time to stop and pray during the day,
for big brothers and baby sister to be a part
of each other's lives all day long and become
real good friends, to take the time to really
expand on interests instead of moving on with
the "group" and see how far they can go with
something, to not be rushed, and to build a boat
with Daddy, because they're learning about Egypt and floating down the Nile!
Not that you can't do that any other way, I'm just truly appreciating the joy of homeschooling and the opportunity to do it!
With Charlotte Mason philosophy, the outdoors are so important! Felicity and Ephraim will be getting a lot more outdoor time, than Gavin ever did at their age. Such an enjoyable experience!

1 comment:
Oh I agree with you Lisa! Enjoy! I hope and pray that Brad and I can flip flop our roles so that i can stay home with Xander and home school, have another child... ahhh, it is a huge feat in my mind what with the way things have been going for us the last 7 years...it is something only God can accomplish.
:) Karen K
Post a Comment