Monday, September 14, 2009

It's been toooooo long!

SO - we finally went on a camping trip. I think it's been over a year and a half! This time it was Mt. St. Helens.


Gavin starts the weekend with saying, "Um....is Mt. St. Helens a volcano?"
I say, "Yes."
Gavin: "Errrr.. "
Me: "We'll leave if anything happens." : )


Matt just watched in stunned silence at my determination to fit EVERYTHING in our little car for the two nights. I'm so proud of myself. I've got my dad's engineering mind!
5 sleeping bags,
1 tent,
1 small cooler,
5 pillows,
4 bags of clothes, and my favorite,
2 camping chairs that didn't have to be left behind!

It was like the clown car all over again.




















The kids had "airbags" all around them in the back seat - HA! HA!

2 comments:

Grandma J & Grandpa T said...

Ahhh, you are like your mother-in-law. Have you ever seen a professional moving van when they open it up? You can't put a butter knife in between the boxes. They fit perfectly together all the way from the front of the trailer to the door. Jeannie can do that also - you two guys should start a moving company....Glad you were able to break away to go camping. From now on Grandma and Grandpa will NOT travel out West again except with our little truck, if at all possible. Luv you guys.
grandma & grandpa.....

Kim said...

So glad that you posted! I'm super impressed with the clown car packing job. That just puts us to shame when it comes to packing and camping. Though this year we did go to Hawaii and fit all our clothes in one suitcase. But really you guys are impressive!